On April 25, Medicare’s Administrative Contractors (MAC) issued a second iteration of a series of questions and answers related to CR 8358. This was in response to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) April 1 announcement that hospice claims for dates of services on or after April 1, 2014 must comply with the additional data reporting requirements issued as part of Change Request (CR) 8358. These requirements include reporting of:
- Line item visit data for hospice staff provided under general inpatient care (GIP) in skilled nursing facilities (SNF) or hospitals
- NPI of nursing facility, hospital, or hospice inpatient facility where patient receives services (if not billing hospice)
- PM visits (occurring on date of death) for hospice employed nurses, aides, social workers and therapist
- Injectable prescription drugs
- Non-injectable prescription drugs
- Infusion pumps and medication refills
The revised questions and answers (Version 1.2) includes a guide at the end of the document that provides a description of the revised questions as well as a list of newly addressed questions as part of the most current version. The revisions to previous questions and answers do not represent substantive changes but do provide further clarification of certain issues. The MACs indicated there are additional questions they are still researching, so the hospice community should expect additional revisions to the questions and answers document at some time in the near future.
The updated questions and answers document issued by NGS is available here.