CMS Releases Details on Pre-Claim Demonstration
Despite industry-wide efforts and against the stated concerns of 116 Congressional co-signers, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has put forward their plans for prior authorization, now dubbed the Pre-Claim Review Demonstration for Home Health Services. CMS plans to roll out this in the five states who were named in the prior authorization Paperwork Reduction Act.
The states and timing are as follows:
- Illinois: no earlier than August 1, 2016
- Florida: no earlier than October 1, 2016
- Texas: no earlier than December 1, 2016
- Michigan: no earlier than January 1, 2017
- Massachusetts: no earlier than January 1, 2017
VNAA will provide further information soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Vice President of Public Policy and Innovation Joy Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-527-1536.