Register to Join VNAA on September 18-19 to Honor Members of Congress
VNAA is honored to present its Congressional Champion awards to recognize the leadership of four Members of Congress in support of home health and hospice programs. This year's Congressional Champions are:
- Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA): Sen. Harkin’s leadership as chair of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee and as a persistent champion for nonprofit home health and hospice has made him an invaluable ally in VNAA’s policy initiatives.
- Senator John Thune (R-SD): Sen. Thune is a co-sponsor of the Fostering Independence Through Technology Act, a bill that would allow for more efficient delivery of healthcare to the elderly and homebound, while also allowing older adults the option of aging at home for longer periods of time in a more cost effective setting than other healthcare options.
- Congressman Jim Langevin (D-RI 2nd District): Rep. Langevin was a co-sponsor of the Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act of 2011, which sought to provide Medicare patients with greater and timelier access to home health services, keeping them in their homes and out of more costly care settings.
- Congressman Pat Tiberi (R-OH 12th District): Rep. Tiberi is co-sponsor of the Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act of 2013, which also seeks to ensure that seniors and disabled citizens have timely access to home health services under Medicare.
In addition to Members of Congress, confirmed speakers include:
- Mark Miller, Executive Director, Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
- Laurence Wilson, Director, Chronic Care Policy Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Cheri Lattimer, RN, BSN, Executive Director, Case Management Society of America
- Tony Clapsis, Professional Staff Member, Senate Committee on Finance
- Kristin Welsh, Health Policy Advisor, Senate Committee on Finance