The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) seeks information about large scale transformation of clinician practices to accomplish better care and better health at lower costs. CMS may use this information collected through this RFI notice to test new payment and service delivery models.
Comments are due by April 8, and can be submitted by a response form found here. http://www.healthcarecommunities.org/Home/RFI-TransformingClinicalPractice.aspx
According to CMS, Practice Transformation is a process that results in observable and measureable changes to practice behavior. These behaviors include core competencies:
- Engaged leadership and quality improvement;
- Empanelment and improved patient health outcomes;
- Business and Financial acumen;
- Continuous and team-based healing relationships that incorporate culture, values, and beliefs;
- Organized, evidence-based care; patient-centered interactions;
- Enhanced access;
- Progression toward population based care management;
- State-of-the-art, results-linked, care; Intentional approach of practices to maximize the systematic engagement of patients and families; and
- Systematic efforts to reduce unnecessary diagnostic testing and procedures with little or no benefit.
For more information and to submit comments click here.