VNAA Members Helping to Educate Seniors on the Importance and Benefits of Influenza Vaccination with Fluzone High Dose
Fluzone High-Dose is the only presentation indicated directly for the age group of 65 and older. One of the most common causes for elderly hospitalization and re-hospitalization is pneumococcal infection, or pneumonia, which is commonly brought on as a result of patients contracting the influenza virus. Community health providers are key in helping to reduce not only re-hospitalizations, but initial hospitalizations. Visiting nurse associations and other community health providers have a long history of providing such community health services as immunizations, indigent care and general wellness education.
Congratulations to the following VNAA member agencies participating in this year's initiative:
- RVNA Rehabilitation & Visiting Nurse Association (Greeley, CO)
- Bethel Visiting Nurse Association (Bethel, CT)
- Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association (Ridgefield, CT)
- I.V.N.A. Instructive Visiting Nurse Association (Richmond, VA)
- Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (Rutland, VT)