VNAA Launches Toolkit on Face-to-Face Encounter Documentation
CMS's implementation of the face-to-face encounter documentation requirement has created one of the most pressing policy issues facing home heathcare providers. These challenges extend to both obtaining physician documentation as well as ensuring appropriate and consistent contractor review and approval. VNAA continues to work with both Capitol Hill and CMS to achieve remedy and clarity on this issue. As such, the VNAA Policy and Communications departments developed a new toolkit to assist you in addressing these issues with your members of Congress.
Included in this toolkit is:
- A draft letter from you to your member of Congress including talking points on the impact of face-to-face on home health providers and our recommendations.
- A draft letter for your agency and/or your member of Congress to send to The Department of Health and Human Services and The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Talking points regarding the study by the Office of the Inspector General on face-to-face encounters.
- A copy of the study itself.
- The Massachusetts Medical Society letter to CMS regarding face to face encounters.
This toolkit is available on the VNAA website here. VNAA will add further resources as needed in the future. Please contact Ashley Durkin or Tracey Moorhead if you have any questions or additional resources you would like to share.